What Kind of Oil Do INFINITI Models Take?
If you’re already a INFINITI driver, you know that your sedan or SUV is unlike other models on the market. That means you’ll want to take extra care of your luxury ride, inside and out. Determining the right kind of oil that your INFINITI model takes is part of this long-term care.
With several oil options to choose from, you might need a little help determining “what’s what” in the engine oil world, and what factors go into choosing the oil that’s best for your vehicle.
Choosing the Right Oil for Your INFINITI
Your INFINITI model was created individually and is separate from other vehicles on the market. When choosing the right engine oil for your car or SUV, INFINITI models have a few factors that come into play, including:
- Vehicle type: sedan, SUV, etc.
- Type of engine: conventional, performance, etc.
- Environment in which you live or drive the most
- How often you drive your vehicle
Taking these factors into consideration will help you decide which oil is best for your engine’s lifespan. Now, let’s check out the types of oils you have to choose from.
Oil Types for Your INFINITI
Each INFINITI model engine is uniquely designed and needs specific oil to keep it going. The best place to check out what oil is right for your sedan or SUV is by reading your owner’s manual. In the meantime, we’ve put the different oil options right here for you.
- Conventional Oil: This oil is true to its name: It’s the most widely used among dealerships and auto service centers, and has almost no additives if any at all.
- Synthetic-blend Oil: Combined with premium conventional oil and additives to enhance engine performance, this is a good choice for colder weather and stop-and-go traffic.
- Full Synthetic Oil: With additives to boost performance, full synthetic oil is a bit pricier than others, but excels in reducing engine deposits and generally is more beneficial than conventional oil in the long run.
- High-Mileage Oil: Created specifically for oils that have 75,000+ miles on them, high-mileage oil is geared to extend your vehicle’s lifespan that protects against engine leaks, friction, and other occurrences over time.
These different oils are geared towards specific needs of engines, especially once you get passed conventional. You can see how the factors of your vehicle come into play when looking at your different oil options.
Get more information on the differences between synthetic and conventional oil in this article.
Oil for My INFINITI Model
As we’ve stated, your best bet is to read your vehicle’s handbook that will tell you exactly which oil your engine was designed for. Then, you can bring your INFINITI sedan or SUV into Cerritos INFINITI, and our auto technicians will take care of the rest.
At Cerritos INFINITI, we proudly serve the areas of Long Beach, Torrance, and Fullerton, and are more than happy to help you keep your INFINITI vehicle running like new, and lasting for years to come.